To provide the highest quality interventions for individuals with Autism. We utilize current research in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) which includes an analysis of Verbal Behavior (VB) to improve communication, behavior, toileting, social skills and more.
Why Choose Potential, Inc.
When it comes to Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), parents often feel overwhelmed and are unsure where to turn for help. While there are plenty of opinions to be found, all experts agree that intervention at an early age is vital.
We understand the emotions that accompany an initial diagnosis and want to work with families to help their children (infancy-adulthood) learn to achieve their full potential. “One of the first things I tell every parent I meet with is that, while there is no cure, there is treatment.” — Kristine Quinby, Founder, President and CEO
Our staff has seen a wide array of techniques used and firmly believes that Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) is a well-rounded approach to helping children with ASD grow socially, cognitively, and emotionally.
Potential, Inc. serves individuals of all ages. Since our inception in 2006, we have served over 135 individuals. Our therapists are trained in ABA-Verbal Behavior (VB), and services may be delivered at home, the clinic, a school, or in the community. Each client’s strengths and weaknesses are assessed to design a comprehensive program unique to his/her specific needs.
Potential, Inc. also utilizes an experienced, licensed, and ASHA-certified speech-language pathologist to provide evaluation and treatment. Its vocational program for adults is ACRE-certified. Parent training is offered for generalization of skills and support.
History of Potential (Timeline)
- 2006 March – Potential, Inc. was founded as a non-profit organization
- 2006 August – Received 501(c)(3) status
- 2006 October – Clinic Opened in Newtown, PA
- 2009 December – In-Network provider for Magellan Commercial Insurance for ABA services (other insurances to follow)
- 2010 January – Received approval to be an Adult Autism Waiver Provider for Community Inclusion, Behavior Specialist, Supported Employment, Job Assessment/Finding, and Respite
- 2010 April – The Springtime School gets licensed as a Private Elementary School for children with Autism
- 2010 August – Start Community Inclusion for our first client under the Adult Autism Waiver
- 2011 June – Speech Program opens and accepts most private insurance
- 2011 October – Speech Program becomes In-Network with Keystone Mercy Health Plan
- 2011 November – Purchased and distributed 3 iPads with cases and software to clients, programmed devices, and trained parents and other professionals on their use (specific to communication) at no cost to clients
- 2012 March – Potential Inc. launched its adult outing group with the grant award from the Bucks County Autism Support Coalition (BCASC)
- 2013 March – Potential Inc. enhances its adult outing program and increases the number of adult clients who participate in this program with the grant award from the BCASC
- 2014 August – Potential Inc. moves from 3,000 square feet to 12,500 square feet with assistance from staff and volunteers with only one business day closed
- 2015 – Springtime School is approved for its high school license in addition to elementary school
- 2017 – Potential contracts with Magellan HealthChoices to provide services to children with Medical Assistance insurance plans