The following guidance is intended for staff and families engaging Center Based or School services. We expect all staff and families to follow these recommendations in attempts to mitigate the likelihood of contracting COVID-19 while engaging in services.
If a family has any reservations about their child receiving services, please let your Teacher or Program Coordinator know. For those who are currently engaging in services who no longer wish to do so, please let scheduling know. We will work with families to determine if additional/alternative tele-health services are appropriate and how to utilize such services and/or to provide a suggested schedule, list of activities, strategies for teaching, and guidance on managing problem behavior.
Parents/guardians will be notified should the status of our staff change and potential exposure information will be shared with parents/guardians/staff as necessary, while maintaining required confidentiality.
Staff and participant will be screened daily upon arrival. Participants will receive temperature checks and will only be asked questions if cognitively appropriate. Knowing that many participants are unable to answer the below questions we ask families to engage in daily monitoring and proactive communication. If an individual would answer YES to any of the questions listed below or has a temperature of 100.4F/38C or higher, Potential, Inc. will cancel services and wait to resume based upon current CDC guidelines. If symptoms are shown during a session that were not initially reported upon the start of the session, you will be contacted for pick up and we will follow the same guidelines for resuming services.
All staff, participants, and families are asked to monitor themselves daily. They should communicate to Potential and stay home until further communication if any of the following are present:
- A member of the household made contact with someone with or under investigation for COVID- 19, or are ill with respiratory illness.
- A member of the household is currently showing signs or symptoms of a respiratory infection, fever higher than 100.4F, cough, or sore throat.
- A member of the household traveled internationally.
- A member of the household engaged in a large social gathering based on current state and local guidance.
Drop off/Pick up
- For students utilizing transportation services, screening will occur when bus arrives. Any child that does not pass screening will be brought into the school to designated isolation room. Parent will be notified for immediate pick up.
- Arrival times of staff and participants will be scheduled in a staggered format to ensure limited direct contact with others as much as possible. To ensure safety, it is crucial to arrive at your scheduled time. Please call the main line (215-579-0670) if you’re running late.
- Upon arrival, contact the front desk and remain in your car. Designated staff will meet you to complete contactless screening process.
- If staff is running late, we will ask you to wait in your car until their arrival. Please be prepared with activities as feasible to keep your child occupied while waiting.
- If the results of the screening process indicate a concern, we will cancel services and send you home. An administrator will review and you’ll be contacted about resuming services. If you have any concern before leaving your home, contact scheduling or the front desk. Staff are scheduled to arrive 15 minutes before your session. If they do not pass screening upon their arrival you will be alerted as soon as we are able.
- Please assist your child getting in and out of the car after screening is passed while maintaining social distance.
- We are limiting and spacing workspaces per room for safe distancing throughout the day.
- Shared spaces have been reduced, but will be used based on a staggered schedule and limited participants. Spaces will be cleaned between each session. Disinfectant will be available in each room for regularly touched surfaces.
- Participants must have a change of clothes available. This should be labeled and provided in a gallon zip lock bag.
- If food is necessary, it will be served at children’s desk until social distance regulations are lifted; therefore, food should come ‘ready to eat’ to eliminate use of kitchen or need for staff to prepare.
- Toys that cannot be cleaned and sanitized will not be used. Toys will not be shared among participants. They will be kept within individual participant rooms until sanitized.
- We have separate bins to ensure materials are removed from room and sanitized at the end of each session for the next day.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Staff will utilize clear face shields or masks as appropriate throughout the day. They also will utilize other PPE as appropriate and available to the individual they are working with.
- All those who engage in services are asked to wear masks if able and appropriate while at our location. Homemade masks are acceptable. Please let us know if you have difficulty in accessing a mask.
Expectations for staff and family to reduce the spread:
- We have posted hand-washing and proper social distancing reminders throughout the office to assist and encourage expected behavior.
- After assisting children with hand-washing, adults will also wash their hands.
- Tissues and no-touch receptacles are located in high traffic areas, as well as hand sanitizers at all work stations.
- Staff and participants will limit interaction/public gatherings based upon current social distancing guidelines according to CDC/local orders when not engaging in services.
- The center’s facilities are being cleaned 5 days/ week
- A air purification system has been installed that has been proven to remove germs and contaminants from the air throughout the day
- We have assigned and will utilize the minimum amount of staff necessary per case to provide services. This also includes having one staff member assigned the full day of service to reduce the number of individuals the participant comes in contact with.
- At this time this means that if a staff member is unable to work services will be canceled that day.
Please feel free to contact us at 215-579-0670 x109 with any additional questions or concerns.