Occupational therapy allows individuals to develop necessary independent living skills through daily activities that require a social, emotional, or physiological response to environmental stimuli.
Our Occupational Therapist works with each client’s ABA therapists to continue to work on individualized program goals that meet that particular individual’s needs. She understands child development and developmental disabilities and can therefore provide a “just right” fit approach to challenge the client without frustrating him/her.
OT sessions are provided in a way that is fun and interesting for the client, while focusing on many areas, such as:
- Development of social abilities
- Fine, gross, and visual motor skills
- Interpersonal skills and peer relationships
- Self-management skills (e.g., feeding, hygiene, dressing, and sleep)
- Independent work skills and group processing abilities
- Addressing sensory needs using research-based practices
Contact us today to find out more about our OT program and how we can meet your family’s needs.
Note: There is currently a wait list for Occupational Therapy services, but we encourage you to sign up now to reserve a spot.